Friday, December 4, 2009

More than meets the eye

SO one day I felt abit itchy for a new game , so I visited http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/.
http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/ is a freaking awesome website that allows you to test your computer's ability to run your specified game.

Although I already know my computer is one heck of a super chunted machine, I'd still always check systemrequirementslab to estimate how well it would run on my computer, what to expect and not, so I wouldn't get dissapointed.





And I tested for Need for Speed : Shift , latest nfs game with good ratings and rankings.





One of the best racing games around (in my opinion) especially when you have a steering wheel.



It's a Simulation racing game, not an Arcade racing like the previous NeedForSpeeds.



Simulation racing games include real world factors.



Anyway after installing the game, I WAS FARKING dissapointed becoz of the lagginess and all. It was as though the comp was to sucky for the game. Somehow made me regret buying it.



After tweaking the graphics settings to the most minimal of all, it still was laggy.



I explored the contents of the CD further, and found this thingy called nVidia PhysX.



0.0 intrigued, i installed it, wiki-ed and found out that,

PhysX is a proprietary realtime physics engine middleware SDK acquired by Ageia (which itself was acquired by Nvidia in February 2008[1]) with the purchase of ETH Zurich spin-off NovodeX in 2004. The term PhysX can also refer to the PPU add-in card designed by Ageia to accelerate PhysX-enabled video games. Video games supporting hardware acceleration by PhysX can be accelerated by either a PhysX PPU or a CUDA-enabled GeForce GPU, thus offloading physics calculations from the CPU, allowing it to perform other tasks instead—potentially resulting in a smoother gaming experience.
After that everything worked perfectly fine, the game ran smoothly.
Conclusion : nVidia graphics cards are cool, NeedForSpeed shift 8/10




No comments: